Last Updated on May 7, 2021
Blissful SEO (“Company”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it.
Who We Are
Blissful SEO is a Toronto-based SEO consultant brand, owned by sole proprietor, Cristina M. We are devoted to working with small service businesses and bloggers to provide SEO consulting and SEO strategy services, as well as providing free resources to help small businesses improve their SEO strategy and reach their business goals.
- On this Site;
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Site;
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us, or any
third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- Any third party including through any content or advertising that may link to or be accessible
from or on the Site.
Use of Site
You must be at least 18 years old to use our Site. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to or on our Site. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information about visitors under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age you must immediately stop using our Site and not provide any information to us through any function on our Site. If you become aware that we have collected information from anyone under the age of 18 please contact us at email@example.com so we may delete that information.
Information Blissful SEO Collects
Financial Information: Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with any transaction you make on our Site. Note that we store limited financial data, as most financial data is transferred to third-party payment processors. Any purchase will be processed by one of the following third-party providers: Paypal, Square, Stripe.
User Account Information: In order to purchase or access certain Services, we may require you to create a user account and provide your name and/or email address and create a unique password. For your security, we do not have access or knowledge of your password and it is your sole responsibility to keep the password confidential and not share your account details with any other people, including us.
Computer, Browser and Mobile Information: Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the Site, your unique resource locator (“URL”), advertisement data, your internet protocol (“IP”) address, your browsing history, and your Site log information. If you access our Site via your mobile phone, we may collect information about your device, including but not limited to, the model, manufacturer, device identification and your location information.
Social Media Information: We may access personal information from social networking sites and apps, including Information but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and Twitter which may include your name, username on any of these platforms, location, email, age, gender, profile picture and any other public information you have included on any of your social media profiles. If you want to limit this data, you should review their privacy and security settings of each social media site and change your privacy settings.
We will not request sensitive information from you at any time. Please do not submit any sensitive data to us, including your social security number, health data, genetic data, or information related to your ethnic origin, religious beliefs, or criminal history. If you do send us this information, then by doing so you are consenting to our use, storage, and processing of this information in accordance with this Policy.
How We Collect Your Information
Information You Voluntarily Provide
We collect information you voluntarily and manually provide when you use our Site, such as when you purchase or access Services or certain content on our Site, sign up for our email list or newsletter, submit a form, send us questions, or interact with us through this Site such as when you provide comments or feedback. Some of the information you manually provide may be personal information, such as your name or email address.
Information from Your Website Browser or Mobile Device
We collect information that is sent to us automatically from your website browser or mobile device, such as your IP address, the name of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, date and time of your visit, page(s) you visit and length of time you spent on each page. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings. Information received from your website browser and mobile device typically is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you, or we may combine it with information that does identify you.
What is a Cookie and What do We Use?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work in a better, more efficient way. They can do this because websites can read and write these files, enabling them to recognize you and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient (e.g. by remembering your user preferences).
Cookies can be “Persistent“, or “Session“, or “Third-Party“ Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser. Third-Party Cookies, also known as ‘Tracking Cookies’ collect data based on Your online behaviour. Data is collected by Third Parties and used to help advertisers to display advertisements relevant to Your interests and behaviour. Below we list the different types of cookies we may use on the Site:
Functional and Required Cookies
In some circumstances, we may use functionality cookies. Our website uses some necessary cookies because they allow visitors to navigate and use key features on our site. For example, Functional and Required Cookies help these features work: Customer accounts, Shopping cart and checkout, URL redirects
Functional and Required cookies on this Site may include:
- URL Redirects: Prevents redirect loops if a site has custom URL redirects.
- Announcement Bar: Prevents the announcement bar from displaying if a visitor dismisses it.
- Likes: Shows when you’ve already “liked” a blog post.
Analytics and Performance Cookies
Performance cookies, which are sometimes called analytics cookies, collect information about your use of this Site and enable us to improve the way it works. They allow our web and marketing team to create the best possible experience for our site’s users.
For example, performance cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the Site, allow us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Site, help us record any difficulties you have with the Site and show us whether our advertising is effective or not.
Performance cookies on this Site may include:
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. Information about opting out of Google Analytics can be found on the Google Analytics site.
Marketing Cookies (Targeting or Advertising)
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. Opting out of third party targeting or advertising cookies does not necessarily mean that you will not see our advertising on third party websites, only that this advertising will not be targeted to you through the use of third-party cookies.
Marketing cookies on this Site may include:
- Google AdWords: Used for marketing to serve ads to audiences based on interests and behaviour, as well as to audiences who have previously visited our site.
- Social Widgets: These buttons are provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact and access certain social media services when you view a page on our Site. These widgets may collect browsing data, which may be sent to the respective third-
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
How Do I Control Cookies?
How We Use + Disclose Your Information
How We Use Your Information
We generally store your data and transmit it to a third party for processing. However to the extent we process your data, we do so to serve our own legitimate business interest. Generally, the purpose of collecting your information through our Site is to:
● Provide out Site and its contents to you;
● To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
● To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts between you and us, including for billing and collection;
● Collect statistical data and analyze trends for our use, and for use by third-parties to better understand your needs and interests;
● Improve our Services, marketing and promotional efforts or troubleshoot issues on our Site;
● Contact you with special offers, newsletters, information advertisements of third parties and content we believe will be of interest to you which in some instances may be in exchange for a commission to be paid to us by such third parties (if you opt to take part in such promotions, the third parties will receive your information);
● To allow you to participate in interactive and social features on our Site;
● Improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site and provide a tailored and personalized experience for you when you visit our Site;
● Prevent fraudulent activities and security breaches;
● Resolve disputes and assist law enforcement when necessary or respond to any legal claims or otherwise comply with our legal obligations; and
● For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclosure your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How We Disclose Your Information
- Administering our Site and various tasks such as payment processing, hosting services, email delivery, communications and customer service;
- Delivery of our Services;
- Administering your account;
- Entering into agreements and communication with you, such as through a contract;
- Analyzing data and trends, including partnering with third-party analytic companies;
- Run and manage our ads to produce ads that appear when you visit our Site;
- Protecting the security of our business and Site; including to investigate and remedy any breach of any of our rights or policies, or as needed to obtain and maintain insurance coverage, manage risks, obtain financial or legal advice;
- Promoting and marketing the Site and Services;
- In the event of sale or transfer of our business;
- To comply with any requirements to disclose by law, such as to initiate or respond to any legal action or to protect the rights, property and safety of others. This includes sharing information with other parties to prevent security breaches, fraud or credit risks;
- Any other reason necessary to comply with any legal obligation, to protect your interests, the interests of others or our business;
- With your consent.
Retention of Information
We generally retain your information only as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with the Services, comply with our legal obligations or until you request that we delete your information. Any information we no longer need will be permanently deleted.
International Data Use
Processing Your Information
Generally, we do not process or hold your Information but instead we use third-party processors to process your data. In order to carry out our business, it is necessary for us to transmit certain information to third-parties. For instance, when you purchase a Service or Product from our Site, your payment information is transmitted to and collected by a third party payment processor. For a full list of third party applications we use, please contact us at hello@ blissfulseo.com.
Protection of Your Information
We employ commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of the information you voluntarily provide to us, as well as that information that is collected automatically. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information including using standard security protocols and transmitting information securely via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and only use recognized online secure payment systems and reputable third party payment processors and applications. Since email is not considered secure, please do not send us private information via email. Doing so is completely at your own risk. In order to protect our Site, we use software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or hack or otherwise damage our Site. While we take these steps to protect your personal information as much as we can, no system or transmission of data over the internet or any other public network or any storage of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you are concerned about your personal information, please contact us at hello@ blissfulseo.com.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If You are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Information through Our Site or Service. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through Our Website or Service without their permission.
If You have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to Us through Our Site or Service, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must also be at least 16 years of age to consent to the processing of your Personal Information in your country (in some countries we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf).
We have appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. In the event of any suspected personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. You acknowledge that the Internet is not a completely secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law and they may only use your data for the purposes we specify in our contract with them. We will always work with them to protect your privacy.
We respect your rights to your personal information and data. You have the right to access, correct, request restriction or deletion of your information, or request how we use your personal information and data collected, as required by applicable law. Note that we may charge a reasonable fee for actions that you ask us to take with respect to your data. In addition, we reserve the right to first request you provide us with evidence verifying your identity before we take any action.
After we verify your identity, you have the right to:
- Update or change any information you have provided to us. To update or delete Your information, please contact us at email@example.com;
- Request that we confirm what data we hold about you, and for what purposes. You also have the right to confirmation of whether we process your data or deliver your data to third party processors, and for what purposes. We will supply you with copies of your personal data unless doing so would affect the rights and freedoms of others;
- Change your consent to our use of your information. In such cases, we may require you to delete your account with us, as described above, and you may not have full access to our Site;
- Request a digital copy of the data that we hold about you. Your first request for a copy of your personal data will be provided free of charge; subsequent requests will incur a reasonable fee.
- Request that we gather and transfer your data to another controller, in a commonly used and machine readable format, unless doing so would cause us an undue burden;
- Request that we delete all data that we hold about you, and we must delete such data without undue delay. There are exceptions to this right, such as when keeping your data is required by law, is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, is required for compliance with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the exercise or defence of legal claims. Such a request may result in a termination of your account with us and you may have limited or no use of our website;
- Opt out of receiving future email correspondence from us by checking the appropriate box when you register for the account or make a purchase. You may change your communication settings by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Opt out of receiving any third party marketing communications or having your personal information used for marketing purposes. You may do this by contacting us at email@example.com;
- In certain situations, restrict the processing of your data, such as when you contest the accuracy of your data or when you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. When processing has been restricted, we will continue to store your data but will not pass it on to third party processors without your consent, or as necessary to comply with legal obligations or protect your rights, our rights, or those of others. In addition, you may opt out of any processing of your data altogether. However, doing so may result in the termination of your account and loss of access to our Site;
If you wish to have any third-parties, including those to whom we’ve transmitted your information, delete your information, you will need to contact those third-parties directly to do so. Upon request, we will provide a list of all third parties to whom we have transmitted your information.
California Privacy Rights (California’s Shine The Light Law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their Personal Data with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared such personal information for the immediately prior calendar year.
If you’d like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below. If you make a request, we have 30 days to respond to you.