Small Business with a Blog
Industry: Beauty service provider
Location: Toronto, Canada
Project Type: One time project, on page SEO
Small Service Business with a Blog
Location : Toronto, Canada
Project Type: On-page SEO
Client’s service website was ranking for few to no keywords and was not receiving any traffic or clients from SERPs.
- Client brought on Blissful SEO to help with local Google rankings on April 2019 to design an on page strategy to boost website performance in organic search engine results.
- Client’s main photography service pages and images were optimized with targeted keywords within the Meta Data, copy and anchor text. URLs were renamed and redirected as necessary.
- Page copy was tweaked with optimum keywords and strong CTAs to increase sales conversions and direct clients to various photography services and business pages.
- Internal linking structure was created with optimized anchor text to provide the best user experience for website visitors.
- Optimized blog posts were created with relevant keywords in mind to complement existing services.
- 3 months after the optimization strategy was implemented, the client began showing up in search results for relevant keywords.
- By 6 months time, the client went on to rank #1 in their niche, with the top targeted keyword bringing in 70% of their website traffic from google.ca, alone.
- Client’s main referral source became Google, which still converts highly into services sales for them today, allowing them to showcase their talent to more people, convert customers and maintain a thriving business.
- Client maintains optimization of website through SEO health checks and newly created blog posts.
130% increase IN keyword ranking
35,000% increase in organic traffic
Blog Niche: Fashion, Accessories + Styling
Project Type: Ongoing on-page SEO for blog
I would be hard pressed not to mention my own blog here! Although I primarily work with bloggers on keyword research for individual posts, it’s worth noting the tremendous results that ongoing SEO efforts can have.
- Prior to learning about SEO and implementing different strategies, the blog ranked for 4 unrelated terms.
- My goal was to start showing up in organic search results for relevant terms for both the blog’s landing page and individual blog posts.
- A homepage on-page optimization strategy was developed: Homepage SEO, navigation menu, links and Meta Data was tweaked to.
- I defined my niche topics and blog post strategy similarly to the pillar and cluster model.
- This allowed me to optimize and define my categories and navigational structure.
- An in-post content and internal linking structure was developed and applied to each post and page.
- Since implementing SEO best practices and focusing my efforts on creating highly informative niche content with white hat strategies, it has catapulted my online presence.
- I took many months – even years – off in between posting and the website still strongly benefited from on-page SEO efforts.
- 95% of my optimized blog posts continue to be found in relevant top search results, many are #1 results.
- Older blog posts continue to maintain first and top page positioning, while my newer posts keep surging in ranking, if they haven’t already peaked.
- My articles routinely beat our SEO powerhouses like WhoWhatWear, Glamour, Amazon and other popular fashion sites. My most successful posts are not only showing up first in Google search results, but they are also highly converting for ad and affiliate revenue.
- By owning the niche thanks to on-page SEO, my blog has been able to maintain its ranking even with major algorithm changes thanks to a focus on content strategy, and by avoiding common SEO pitfalls and link building schemes.
SEO Wins (as of September 24/2021):
55,000+ ranking keywords
150,000+ organic Monthly pageviews
1,500,000% INCREASE IN ORGANIC RANKING
Looking to get more eyes on your website and make more sales? Let’s chat!